Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Diet Food Ideas


Other Diet Posts
My Diet - The Beginning
Cereal Bowl Cakes

Vegetable Garden Posts
My Vegetable Garden - The Beginning

More Diet Food Ideas
I ran out of rice flour today and went to get some more from my local international food outlet.

While I was there I started to chat with the store owner and told him about my diet. He suggested I try some Dhall and Besan flour as well. While I was looking for these two ingredients I noticed some Almond flour. I bought a bag of each along with my rice flour and headed home to make up a new batch of diet food mix.

So here is my new recipe:

1/3 cup of Dhall flour
1/3 cup of Besan flour
1/3 cup of Almond flour
1/3 cup of Rice flour
1/3 cup of Maize flour
1/3 cup of wheat germ
1/3 cup of your favorite milk flavor (If its not yummy enough with 1/3 of a cup you can make it 2/3 of a cup. Its still only a small part of the food)
2 cups of skim milk powder (or you could use a non dairy replacement for this)

mix dry ingredients well and store in an air tight container.

Add 1/3 of a cup of this mix to your chosen amount of water. You can use any amount of water but between 200ml and 600ml makes a good meal.

Buying my flour the way I do means that these meals cost about $1 Australian each. Much less than the ones in the supermarket and chemist stores. This diet recipe works just as good as theirs. The secret is in the size of the meal.

REMEMBER!!! You should only use this diet mix for one or two meals each day. It is critical that you continue to eat at least one normal size meal every day so that you do not get sick or cause your stomach to shrink. You only want to loose excess weight, not become anorexic.

Hold the press.......
If you don't want to use sweet things for the flavor why not use some gravy powder. There are hundreds of varieties you can choose from. I have made a chicken flavored meal using chicken gravy powder and it tastes just terrific. I am still using 1/3 of a cup of this powder.

And now that winter is coming in the southern hemisphere, you could use heated water. Want more heat? Try a sprinkling of your favorite pepper. Stir well.
Top

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my blog but all comments are moderated and will not be published if they are not considered suitable for the site.